Contains Lactium® - milk protein hydrolysate (USA Patent N 5,846,939, EU Patent ЕС EP 0714910B1), the unique ingredient with relaxing properties.
The product has been manufactured using high quality pure raw materials and the technology that ensures all their beneficial properties intact, in strict compliance with GMP and TÜV regulations.
Stress is becoming a major problem in the world. According to World Health Organization, 450 million people have health problems related to stress. The problem is rapidly becoming an epidemic and is not only a heavy burden for individuals and their families, but for the whole society.
Stress influences our life even if we don’t realize it. Stress is our body’s natural reaction to any change that requires an adjustment. All changes in our life – positive and negative cause stress.
Ask yourself the following questions:
Do you feel tired much of the time for no apparent reason?
Are you easily irritated and/or does your temper flare over minor things?
Do you have frequent headaches or frequent stomachaches?
Have you developed nervous habits, such as finger tapping, nail biting or leg rocking?
Have you experienced unexplained weight loss or gain?
A "yes" answer to any one of the above could indicate you are not effectively handling the stressors in your life. Chronic stress destroys body and mind.
There is no life without stress. Yet we have to learn to manage stress in order to avoid, or at least limit symptoms of ’’bad’’ stress, such as trouble sleeping, mood swings, decreased libido, impaired memory, lack of concentration...
Nowadays, when life is not easy, a lot of people need to decrease the level of stress, caused by lifestyle, social pressure, long working hours, polluted environment. A lot of people suffer from stress related insomnia, which in turn increases even more the level of tension, thus creating a vicious circle.
Difficulties in falling asleep, in staying asleep, waking up too early every morning, are the main symptoms of insomnia. In the last years, numerous studies indicated that about 25-36% of adults in the general population suffer from transient or occasional insomnia [1-6]. Chronic insomnia was reported in 7.5-15% of adult people. It is well known that insomnia can lead to many adverse consequences. Chronic sleep deprivation leads to daytime fatigue and tiredness, impairments in cognitive functions like lacks of concentration and memory loss. [7, 8].
People are looking for a natural, effective product without any side effects.
Santegra®’s new exclusive product - Sleemil™, containing a unique ingredient - Lactium®, is the perfect answer to stress management.
Designed in the research laboratories of Ingredia Nutritional in France, Lactium® allows you to prevent and regulate problems and bad habits due to stress: snacking, smoking, weight gain, sleep troubles, mood swings, sexual problems, impaired memory and concentration...
An original and 100% natural answer to stress-related problems - Lactium® is the ideal partner for better stress management.
It is well known, that newborn children became blissful and calm after ingesting milk. Studies show that this calm state is not linked to satiety. Scientists got the idea that some active ingredients in milk are able to calm newborn children.
Today, numerous bioactive components of milk and particularly peptides are known to have beneficial physiological properties, e.g. antihypertensive, immunological.
A combination of practical observations and scientific studies led scientists in 1988 to initiate research to identify a soothing constituent in milk.
After twelve years of research, Ingredia Nutritional scientists, together with various research institutes, identified a bioactive peptide endowed with relaxing properties in a hydrolysate of milk protein. This is how they discovered Lactium®.
Lactium® is the first patented, bioactive decapeptide with clinically proven anti-stress activity. This patented product is a breakthrough in science.
Clinically proven to be effective;
No side effects;
100% natural foodstuff;
Unique and innovative product (EU Patent EP 0714910B1), (USA Patent N 5,846,939) (Japan Patent 8.268903).
As a dietary supplement, the usual recommendation is 167 mg/day. Lactium® is effective about one hour after intake. This dosage can be increased if a person is overweight, or experiencing a situation that causes an extraordinary level of stress.
Clinical studies showed that Lactium® has no side effects.
Even at high doses, Lactium® has no sedative effect. People who take Lactium® feel more relaxed and usually fall asleep easier at bedtime and/or sleep better.
Lactium® is a hydrolysate. The hydrolysates are known to be less allergenic than entire proteins. Furthermore, Lactium® is lactose free (lactose < 0.5%).
Everyone’s response to stress is different. And the key to good health is not the ability to avoid stress, but the ability to manage it. Santegra®’s exclusive product Sleemil™ will help you to achieve it.
Sleemil™ helps to reduce psycho-emotional tension and improves sleep, helps to feel alert and full of energy during the day. Sleemil™ helps to break the vicious circle of insomnia and stress.
Per one capsule:
Lactium® – 167 mg.
30 capsules in blister packs
Packaging size: 30 capsules.
Take one capsule daily before bedtime with a large glass of water as a dietary supplement. This dosage can be increased if a person is overweight, or experiencing a situation that causes an extraordinary level of stress.
1. Dodge R, Cline MG, Quan SF. The natural history of insomnia and its relationship to respiratory symptoms. Arch Intern Med 1995; 155: 1797-800.
2. Ancoli-Israel S, Roth T. Characteristics of insomnia in the United States: results of the 1991 National Sleep Foundation Survey. I. Sleep 1999; 22(Suppl 2): S347 S53.
3. Bixler EO, Vgontzas AN, Lin HM, Vela-Bueno A, Kales A. Insomnia in central Pennsylvania. J Psychosom Res 2002; 53: 589-92.
4. Ohay on MM, Guilleminault C, Paiva T, et al. An international study on sleep disorders in the general population: methodological aspects of the use of the Sleep-EVAL system. Sleep 1997; 20:1086-92.
5. Ohayon MM, Caulet M, Priest RG, Guilleminault C. DSM-IV and ICSD-90 insomnia symptoms and sleep dissatisfaction. Br J Psychiatry 1997l; 171: 382-8.
6. Ohayon MM, Caulet M, Guilleminault C. How a general population perceives its sleep and how this relates to the complaint of insomnia. Sleep 1997; 20: 715-23.
7. Roth T, Ancoli-Israel S. Daytime consequences and correlates of insomnia in the United States: results of the 1991 National Sleep Foundation Survey. II. Sleep 1999; 22 (Suppl 2): S354-S8.
8. Thase ME. Correlates and consequences of chronic insomnia. Gen Hospital Psychiatry 2005; 27: 100-12.
9. J H Kim, D Desor, Y T Kim, W J Yoon, K S Kim, J S Jun, K H Pyun and I Shim Efficacy of αs1-casein hydrolysate on stress-related symptoms in women. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 61, 536-541 (April 2007) doi:10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602553
10. Zara de Saint-Hilaire*,1, Michaël Messaoudi2, Didier Desor3 and Toshinori Kobayashi Effects of a Bovine Alpha S1-Casein Tryptic Hydrolysate (CTH) on Sleep Disorder in Japanese General Population The Open Sleep Journal, 2009, 2, 26-32
11. Marta Santuré, Ph.D The effect of. lactium on. biathlete training. Abstract